Friday, July 30, 2010

SBT50 Cyber Crop May 2010

"Lights, Camera, Action" Mini Challenge

Scrapbooking top 50 Australia Challenge requirements:

Find a movie poster to draw inspiration from to create a LO smaller than a 12 x 12

I used the movie poster from A Bugs Life as inspiration. I used a photo that has a small depth of field to replicate the bug looking through the ripped leaf, I've also used tearing on all the papers (except background sheet). I based my colour scheme on the poster as well, greens and the bone colour of the title text. I've placed my title in a similar font and position as the movie poster and have reversed the bug looking out of the photo to a butterfly (bug) looking into the photo. You probably can't see it either but the flower I've used has veins similar to the leaf outline on the poster - I've tried to highlight the veins on the silver flower to bring it out as a highlight.


Poster can be found here: http://www.allposters.com.au/-sp/A-Bug-s-Life-posters_i6130838_.htm


**********


"Lights, Camera, Action" Challenge 1

Scrapbooking top 50 Australia Challenge requirements:

Draw inspiration form the poster of "avatar"

At least 50% blue,

Use a headshot, and

Dots or Spots


**********


"Lights, Camera, Action!" Challenge 2

Scrapbooking top 50 Australia Challenge requirements:

Draw inspiration from the Alice in Wonderland poster. I drew inspiration from the garden flowers (there's a few crochet flowers dotted throughout) especially using the colours of the mushrooms and blooms for my colour selections. The black flourishes came from the brambles around the poster.

Layering (mine are all hand cut),
handmade flowers and
at least 1 butterfly.


**********

"Lights, Camera, Action" Challenge 3

Scrapbooking top 50 Australia Challenge requirements:

Draw inspiration from the poster of the movie "Up" My inspiration for this one was the sky and cloud background. I've had the quilted cloud paper laying around since I started scrapping over 10 years ago - it's about time I used it LOL I decided on turning the journeling box into a kite, kind of like the house became during times in the movie.... It also allowed me to add some bright colour which was one of the challenge elements

minimalist/white space approach,

bright colours, and

a one word title


**********

"Lights, Camera, Action!" Challenge 4

Scrapbooking top 50 Australia Challenge requirements:

inspiration to be drawn from the Twilight movie poster. I've used the poster as a kind of sketch - the photo and title in similar places to the poster.

Black and White with 1 other colour (shades of green),

Diecut base and

strip journelling







No comments:

Post a Comment