Friday, July 30, 2010

SBT50 Monthly Challenge June 2010

Challenge 1: Sue's Challenge

It may not look like it but I've spent hours on this LO!!! I started by drawing up a sketch of what I wanted to try and fit everything in LOL.

Scrapbooking top 50 Australia Challenge requirements:

* Have more than 2 bows (on the flower buttons),
* Something green (brads, title, green grass and green algae stuff on the bark - yes it's real bark too)
* Use the word Happy and
* Use a Transparancy



For the main challenge of the transparency I used some clear plastic packaging. The poem is on transparency (BTW it's to be read/sung to the tune of I'm a little teapot) It's all hand written (a bit obvious haha) and has a sticker on it. Also the bee wings are transparent plastic as well. They are the textured plastic trays that you get your veggies on from the supermarket. I've cut them to shape and inked the texture and edges with gold stamp ink.

For what it's worth, the beads that go with the bees are all hand sewn on and I made the beaded bees myself !




**********

Challenge 2: Bec's Challenge

Scrapbooking top 50 Australia Challenge requirements:

* Use the provided sketch
* use bright autumnal colours - reds and greens mostly.
* Use foam dots and
* have a 1 word title


the Autumn poem reads -
The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter. ~Carol Bishop Hipps

**********

Challenge 3: Vicki's Challenge

Scrapbooking top 50 Australia Challenge requirements:

* Use telstra add for inspiration - I used it as a sketch outline for the photo's and pinwheels to follow...
* lots of journalling - there's a poem, a little journalling spot of details for the pics and explanation on why I put the poem in there - I remember it from back when I was 9 years old!! Wow!!! scary hehehe
* rub-ons - there's quite a few there, as well as little rose type flourishes and individual daisy rub-on's scattered around and
* a pinwheel - My pinwheels are meant to be daffodils - they kinda failed but at least they resemble something floral-ish LOL





**********

We Dare You Monthly Challenge

Scrapbooking top 50 Australia Challenge requirements:

* Multi Photo (I've got 3)
* an Envelope (I've pulled one apart, cut the front out of one, put in some transparency plastic and made mine a window envelope for the lock of hair)
* a foreign object (Scissors in the top right hand corner) and
* flowers and leaves (in the background print and the red PP in the envelope and under the title)


No comments:

Post a Comment