Thursday, December 16, 2010

OTP's - a Virgin No More!!!

I did it - I did my first OTP (off the page)!!! And it was meant to be a gift, but I liked it so much i decided to keep it and whipped up a 'matching' frame that was used for the gift instead LOL - Hmm I hope the person receiving it doesn't mind if she reads my blog LOL

Anyhoo's, here it is.. it's a miniature canvas using paint, stamp, Tim Holtz Distress ink (walnut stain) Words or Whatever (check out their facebook page!!!) chippie birdcage and birdie, stickles, ribbon and flowers from My2Angels (which reminds me I have half an order I was working on there - I NEEEEED more star flowers!!!!!)




Stamped with Tim Holtz distress ink into wet paint to soften the efect

the Flower stems have been woven in and around the birdcage

I love using charms and ribbon!!!

the coils are made from offcuts from the flower stems - wound around my tailors awl that I use for poking holes in stuff - voila - perfect coil which matches the flower stems perfectly!!!



And here is the 'matching' frame I made... pretty much using the same materials and techniques...


yes, even a glittery parrot to match the glittery frame!!



2 comments:

  1. love them both! How special they are. I can see why you kept that first one. Good to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous!!! Can't believe you've never tried OTP before!!! What a lovely gift :-)

    ReplyDelete