Thursday, January 20, 2011

Breathtaking!!!

That's the title of my latest Layout. It's the one I've completed for the Red Earth Scrapping CT competition. Our inspiration for this first part of the competition was simply the RES logo!!

Reasonably simple hey - but as I mentioned yesterday I scrapped my first idea, and ran with this one instead - I love the photo, I think I've done justice to it - but will leave the judgement up to the people :) Let me know what you think!!! Honest opinions please :) Big girl panties are on - I'm tough ;)

Anyhoos, I've a splitting headache at the moment and a midwives appointment this afternoon so really need to shake it so going to cope and paste details here and tidy it up when my head stops thumping and all appointments have passed ;)

Breathtaking



The Inspiration...

I used colours and textures from the logo for the inspiration behind this LO. I've been sitting on this photo of Kahli for a while, not really sure how to scrap it - she's not a 'girly girl' so the usual girly papers etc don't suit her - but I found the colours and textures here really suited the image. I took it of her sitting outside the sandstone wall from our old house at sunset.



The title is chippie. It has several layers of white paint and a top coating of 'diamond' stickles. It sits around 1 inch above the background as it's resting on flowers (and lots of foam tape LOL) This page hasn't been designed to go in an album, it will be framed ;) The birdcage in the top corner is simply cut with a cri-cut and I've wound flowers in and around it (carefully do it didn't tear the cardstock - tricky stuff!! LOL)



The papers used are fancy pants hot chocolate (who would have through a cold winter range of paper would warm up so well!!!!) I love distressing - it adds so much character and texture to papers. The background has obviously been torn where I've 'sewed' it back up. as has the corregated cardboard matting that I used for the photo. Above the photo I've tiled some contrasting papers to resemble the old corrugated iron wall in the logo. The paper behind the big tear has been scrunched and inked and distressed, as has the 'rolls' where I've sewn. When iIdo this effect I usually use double sided papers but fancy pants weren't that giving with this PP. The sewing has been tied with a bird and a key - symbolising to me freedom - something i desire for my children :)



As much as Kahli isn't a girly girl there are lots of flowers everywhere :) I love flowers and don't get the chance to use them often enough with her but the colours just felt right so I lashed out hehehe (she's going to kill me!!! ROFL) There's some handmade Pretty Petal's Storybook flowers, adjusted flowers and I've dyed the feather/wheat like yellow texture strands with glimmer mist to reflect the wheat in the logo.




I absolutely ADORE the texture of antique lace and have put a ruffle of it under the title with some red ribbon.

I think that's pretty much it. I didn't want any journalling as for me this is more an arty page than a story page... I'm really happy that I've finally been able to do something with this photo :) My girl (even though I'm biased) is gorgeous and a little bit breathtaking ;) Lord help up when she gets a bit older!!! With that firey mane, porcelain skin and independent streak she's going to be a handful - let alone a magnet for the boy's I'm sure!!!


3 comments:

  1. Well, this sure takes my breath away!!! Just stunning :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The photo is fabulous that's for sure! And yes your LO does it justice. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! That layout is breathtaking! Your work is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete