Sunday, January 9, 2011

Scrappy Morning :)

I actually had some energy this morning so put it to good use and completed some LO's!!!! These ones are for Red Earth Scrapping - it's a site I've lurked on, I always mean to jump in and participate but when I finally made a move to with their last CC it was when morning sickness kicked in so I kinda got waylaid.... Yes I know - completely slack!!!

But they've started a new competition - A Happy, Scrappy New Year that has some cute little challenges - not all difficult or cumbersome so I thought I'd have a go ;) The challenges aren't all listed yet - there's still a few to be announced and it is running until Jan 15th so if you want to ahve a go too come along, have some fun and you may just win a prize!!! :)


Challenge One

The challenge is ... to scrap a Christmas layout and it must include the following:

* 1 Christmas photo

* die cut or shaped paper or cardstock (any shape, can be hand cut, can be any size)

* journalling - more than just the basics, add a little more detail


Carols By Candlelight

As per usual I've tried something a little left of centre with a black background - Not exactly traditional for a Christmas LO LOL It's a photo I took of my 4 kidlets at Carols By Candlelight 2010. I've used papers from MME Holly Jolly range, flourish stickers from Bo-Bunny Noel combo sticker sheet and the diecut is from the same bo-bunny range.


A crochet heart doily from Becci at Lime Tree Creations



There's one of Sues Fabulous Lovelybug Bits n' Bobs buttons, I think we received it in a Christmas Swap - I've added a little colour with some copics. And the star was from a swap on SBT50, I've wrapped some wire and beads around it and strung some buttons on it like a trail of stars - I really love how this turned out :)


And this little Rosette embie was made by Sarah Martin, I brought it from her craft stall on SBT50 - isn't it too cute!!! She's also purchased some of my creations and has used them on LO's as well - you can see them on her blog too :)


Challenge Two

A recipe challenge

* cardstock base (12x12 or 8.5x11)

* 3 x patterned paper circles - any size but plan this carefully ...

* 1 x patterned paper strip - max size 3x11

* ribbon/trim/lace etc - any type/quantity

* flowers - no more than 5 - any size/style

* alphas

* photo/s


The challenge was simply to collect our 'ingredients, photograph and upload. they directly relate to challenge #5.

My Ingredients


1,2 miss a few... on to number 5!!!

Challenge Five

It's time to mix them your ingredients from challenge #2 and create a delicious dish - a layout.

You may ONLY use what you put together, don't go reaching for anything extra {{{waving finger }}} Wink but ... I will allow 1 extra thing ... and that is STICKERS!


My Boy and His Bear

I absolutely ADORE how this has turned out!!! I've used all the items in my photo for challenge 2. I've added some small alpha stickers (that were meant to be photographed but I left them on my desk *doh* Lucky they are stickers ROFL) to the pack, oh and a pen for journalling the date.

BTW - the little spirals in the flowers are actually the stems off the roses that I cut off near the head of the flower, I then get the wire stems and twist them around my tailors awl to create the spirals... :)

My circles are places around the photo - one under the small white rose (music note) one above the photo 'matting (hearts) and the green abstract one is under the lace near the bottom of the photo :)


I added ink for the date - but it was allowed :)


So that is what I got up to this morning :) Now I'm feeling incredibly drained and looking forward to a good night sleep!! hopefully waking with similar energy ready to tackle some more challenges tomorrow and be ready and reasonably energetic for tomorrows SBT50 CC!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fantastic scrapping, looks like you've had some fun! Absolutely LOVE 'my boy & his bear'...wow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab layout! I love pages with negative space. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete