Thursday, September 30, 2010

SBT50 Monthly Challenge September 2010

Yay!! I made the deadline - just ;) I don't know why but a few of the challenges really threw me, so I sat here procrastinating the month away!!! But then at the last minute with the deadline looming it all clicked (thankfully) oh and this was all on the LAST day of the month!! Yes I churned out 3 LO's in one evening!!! how I did it and have respectable work (well one I'm not happy with but that's always me anyway haha) I have nooooo idea!!! Let's just say that this month they will all be done early as it's a HUGE month for us (4 birthdays, 2 being my kids, Christmas pudding and cake baking, Christmas panic setting in and school holidays to start the month of with!!) So without further ado - here are my monthly challenges for SBT50 for the month of September!!!


Challenge #1 - Sue's Scraplift Challenge

Well.. not only was I guest DT for the CC, but the gorgeous Sue did a scraplift challenge and she chose MY LO "One" to scraplift!!!!

Challenge Requirements

* Scraplift the LO "One"
* Kraft cardstock or neutral base
* smeared paint
* a quote

I discovered it's awfully difficult to scraplift your own LO without making it look tooooo much alike!! So what I did was make a sketch of my original and then pack the original away. I then flipped the sketch and kept away from some of the materials and techniques I used in the original such as sewing and my little alpha's etc.... This is what I came up with....

Dom



http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/20/04/04/th/dom_de10.jpg

http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/20/04/04/th/dom_de11.jpg


I love the natural textures that compliment the tree branch that Dom is sitting in (that really doesn't shop up that well here. I also received a parcel yesterday with a prize in it for a previous LO win - it was some gorgeous embie from the Chip Chop Shop - they are soooooo cute and I couldn't resist adding the little bird and leaf in the tree - I think they look extra cute!!


Challenge #2 - Vicki's Style Challenge

Challenge Requirements:

* minimalist/white space style - yep, even though I've glimmered my background I think it still coveres the white space rule.
* use 2 photos the same - My kids with our first visit to the Blue Lake; the day after we landed in Mount Gambier
* stamping - The background up the top third has the new Kaiser script stamped on it, I've used a copper ink for the stamping to keep in with the gold sheen of the black glimmer mist.
and
* buttons - I made some with air dry clay. I shaped it using the lid off a glimmer mist bottle and then stamping some acrylic stamps in to give texture and definition. I then used some walnut stain distress ink to bring out the details and then glimmered over the top to give more colour and a nice sheen.



The Lake


http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/20/04/04/th/the_la10.jpg

http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/20/04/04/th/the_la11.jpg

http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/20/04/04/th/the_la12.jpg




Challenge #3 - Anthea's Non-Journalling Challenge

And now we get to the challenge I had the most trouble with!!! Why?? Well check this out....

Challenge Requirements:

* A LO based on a male figure in your life - my grandfather. He had to go into a nursing home not long after this photo was taken because his Alzheimers took him back to the war and he often became violent Sad He was a battler my pop - Several times we were called to the hospital to say goodbye - in the end it was the Alzheimers that took him... I love this photo - I forgot I had it actually.... he looks so happy with his new great granddaughter Smile
* An old LO rescrapped OR a new technique - I made the button/plaque which was a new technique for me... I'd used air dry clay before but never to make buttons and never stamping into them - love it!
* Use a photo or photos that tells the story (you are NOT allowed to journal other than a title and a date) - Check
* A "non-traditional" male colour scheme - Last time I checked purple/lilac was not a recognised male colour :P It's mostly "popsicle" glimmermist. I've glimmered both the paper doily background and the lace under the title strip. The little plaque I made is a lot more purple in real life but I'm wishing I glimmered it with 'popsicle' too before I stuck it down - the things one does when in a rush!!!


1st Cuddles with Grandpop


http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/20/04/04/th/1st_cu10.jpg

http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/20/04/04/th/1st_cu11.jpg



Challenge #4 - We Dare You


Challenge Requirements:

1. Dry embossing - Treens: Matting under photo - bothe white, misted and purple.
2. Leaves
- Missymoo: Lots of artificial fern leaves
3. Purple and green as main colours
- Joy: Check! The large alpha's are purple and green as well - it's a bit hard to tell from the main piccie as the DM has darkened the cardstock.
4. Black and white or Sepia photo
- Nikki: Photo is sepia of Domenik playing with Sunglasses - I Love this pic


Here Comes The Sun


http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/20/04/04/th/here_c10.jpg

http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/20/04/04/th/here_c11.jpg

http://i20.servimg.com/u/f20/15/20/04/04/th/here_c12.jpg


******

So that's another month of challenges completed - 9 LO's/Projects in 30 days - not bad eh ;) And October is shaping up to be anopther great month - check it out over HERE

1 comment:

  1. Love them Katrina!! Your LO's really rock girl....hey how did you go with the pictures that you took at the retreat? If you posted them anywhere I possibly didn't see them as I have had my head down, been off the internet and have worked my little tail off for a month or more!!! :O oh but it feels so good to me!! :D
    Love you and miss you heaps
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete